Name: Muthana Abdul Hamid Hamad Al-Obeidi
Date & Place of Birth: 1972, Ramadi, Iraq
Phone: 00962 796401976
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, the University of Baghdad, 1995.
- Science of Qur’anic Recitations and Tonalities under Professor Abbas Al-Baghdadi at the Iraqi Calligraphers Association, since 1983.
Professional and Artistic Experience:
- Art Director, Rubicon Group Holding, Amman, Jordan, (2005-present).
- Working in the field of 3D animation and Arabic calligraphy.
- Private Instructor in the Arts of Calligraphy and Islamic Ornamentation, Baghdad, Iraq, (1995-2003).
- Administrative Member, Iraqi Calligraphers Association, (1996-2003).
- Member, the Association of Iraqi Chemists.
- Honorary Member, Iraqi Association of Quran Reciters.
- Member of the Business Division in the Sharjah International Forum, (2010).
- Jury member of the Islamic Art Forum, Muscat, (2011).
- Decorated the official State copy of the Holy Qur’an, Iraq, (1998-2000).
- Corrected and restored the official State copy of the Holy Qur’an, Iraq, (2000).
- Responsible for the implementation of all the large calligraphy on the walls of the Cabinet of Iraqi Ministers, (2001-2003).
- Calligraphy for ‘Mushaf Al-Faisal’ at the request of HRH Princess Maha Al-Faisal, (2012-present).
- Award of Excellence in the Art of Arabic Calligraphy and Islamic Ornamentation from the Iraqi Ministry of Religious Affairs and Awqaf, at the Iraqi Calligraphers Association, 1987.
- Major awards in Baghdad at the first, second and third global festivals.
- First prize winner of the Thuluth Script at the Fourth International Competition (Hamad Allah Al-Amasi), Istanbul, 1998.
- Second prize winner of the Thuluth and Naskh Script in the Fourth International Competition, Istanbul, 1998.
- The Iraqi Innovation Award for Iraqi Art, 1999.
- Award of the Baghdad School (first place), 2005.
- Award for Excellence in Arabic Calligraphy from Beneli Sharjah in its third and fourth sessions.
- Award for Excellence in the First International Forum of Islamic Art, Syria, (2008).
- Award for Excellence in Arabic Calligraphy from the Dubai International Forum, (2008).
- The Classical Art Prize from the Sharjah International Forum for Islamic Art, (2009).
- Award from the Jerusalem Gallery for “The Letters of the Heart”, Dubai, (2009).
- The Burda Prize for Arabic Calligraphy, Abu Dhabi, (2009).
- The Okaz Prize for Islamic Art, (2010).
- Award for Excellence in Arabic Calligraphy from the Doha Forum, (2010).
- Personal exhibition in Sharjah by special invitation from the Emir of Sharjah, HRH Prince Sultan Al-Qasimi, (2009).
- Many paintings and publications throughout the Arab and Muslim worlds.